We have extensive experience of helping organisations across a
wide range of high-hazard industries managing fire, explosion
and process safety risks. Apart from the human cost,
a major incident can lead to great expense including loss of
production, legal costs and increased insurance premiums, as well
as the damage to your business reputation.
We offer safety consultancy services in fire and explosion,
process safety and pressure systems (including pressure relief). We
combine theory and modelling with results obtained using the
large-scale experimental facilities on our 550-acre
How can we help?
- Carrying out bespoke research
- Building tailored facilities to your exact requirements
- Helping with your product development
- Troubleshooting your general safety issues
- Enabling you to introduce new technologies safely and
Our work on safety issues related to emerging technologies,
vehicles, and the infrastructure that will be needed has involved
all these areas.
Our services include:
- Process safety management, including COMAH compliance
- Analysis of incident, near miss and other key performance
indicators to focus safety improvements
- Management of ageing assets
- Hazardous area classification and management to ATEX and DSEAR
- Hazard studies such as HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA and bowtie
- QRA, occupied building risk assessment and Layer Of Protection
- Compliance with IEC61508 and 61511, including determination of
SIL targets and validation of SILs
- Fire and explosion consequence modelling
We offer unrivalled investigation services, borne from decades
of experience of investigating accidents throughout the UK. We use
our combined expertise in fire and explosion, mechanical
engineering and process safety to recreate incidents and
investigate potential accident scenarios.
Read more about our work with a range of industries, including
, chemicals, defence, security, aerospace, waste and recycling, nuclear and renewables.